Greyfriars is getting a brand new West End, and more. The church, dates back to 1285 on the current site, a former Franciscan Friary, but restored as a Victorian Church in the 1860’s. In 2000 it was re-ordered by Maguire &Co, (Predecessors to JBKS Architects) and has since grown and developed into a thriving evangelical Anglican church. It is now desperate for more facilities and space.
It was a God send to be able to purchase two adjoining properties to the rear, Nos 2 and 4 Sackville Street, which released space for toilets offices and counselling rooms.
JBKS Architects has designed the new glass fronted West End, which will provide a coffee shop, foyer space, an accessible bookshop, and a window into the beautiful church, through the medieval west wall.
Ancient and modern, will be linking past to future, all in God’s eternal plan for mankind, at Greyfriars Reading. Well done to the excellent client and professional team.