Aston Rowant, Oxfordshire, OX49 5SP
+44 (0) 1844 350 101
architects@jbks.co.uk

St Leonard’s Church

St Leonard’s Church was restored in the nineteenth century. The stripping of the plaster from the walls and the introduction of much stained glass made the interior - already lacking light from the absence of clerestorey windows - dark and gloomy; inadequate heating also made it cold.

Our work in the church includes new lighting using the redecorated white ceiling panels of the nave to relieve the darkness of the stone and small spot lights flashing the walls to provide some sparkle. The new floor is slate over underfloor heating, retaining the Victorian tiling in the gangways. When the pews were returned they were set out in an echelon pattern.

Back to Projects



site built by niki peach design